Midweek Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight of Darkness Primer

2 posters

Go down

Twilight of Darkness Primer Empty Twilight of Darkness Primer

Post by Jwarinner Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:23 pm

Errata to previous writings: Timmuseht, while I like the name will now be known at Sotet. Mericosium is now known as Mericos. more to come.

The World: The name of the world is Tricon, There are three continents on it, Mericos where the Campaign is taking place, Dermenn, and Lithson. Mericos(offense) is at war with Dermenn(defense) over a land dispute. Lithson is surrounded by a magic barrier, no one has entered or exited Lithson in over ten thousand years.

Character Creation: All players will be called by prophecy to defeat The Dark God Sotet. PC's can be anything, from a poor potato farmer to the Captain of the Knights Guard. Stats should reflect your background, the farmer shouldn't have a d8 fighting unless its relevant. I am encouraging diversity and be creative, but if everyone wants to roll a bad ass knight then so be it.
After Character creation you will draw a "Vision", these are events that will happen but could be changed through RP.
Side note: When the Vision was shown to you it instilled a sense of duty in you and it compelled you to come to Galford and learn more, You will all start in a caravan to Centeria.

Character Backgrounds: Are a must, The more you put into it the more I can use, yada yada yada.... you've all heard that before. I highly encourage you all to be creative during your background, Feel free to name provinces, castles, cities, town and the such. I am creating this setting from scratch and cant create hundreds of cities on my own.

Humans and other races: In Mericos there are Humans, Dwarves, Elves. Race hierarchy goes Human>a far distant Elves>Dwarves. Elves are used as slaves of all sorts, they are treated as a disposable commodity, Working alongside a elf is just as bad as rolling in pig shit. When the Mericosians were expanding about 500 years ago, they ran into people in the forest area's and those people resisted as their forest was being cut down, over ten years of skirmishes the Humans had finally conquered the Elves and enslaved them. Dwarves were humans at some time ago when Lys and Sotet ruled this world. When Sotet rebelled against Lys, he corrputed a human city and drove them underground. The Dwarves worship Sotet as their god, and they believe that if they cannot go to the surface to free Sotet that they will dig to free him, Dwarven tunnels run for hundreds of miles beneath Tricons Surface.

Magic: This is a low magic campaign, as such magic is rarely seen and is meet with suspicion and fear. It is rumored that magic only resides in Lithson, and since the barrier has been in place for ten thousand years magic is very rare. Magic also makes the user gradually Insane, and will corrupt the user. healing Magic is still rare but is accepted as a legitimate practice.

Religion: Terakir Is the God of Gods, Lys the God of Light and Justice. and Sotet, The Dark God of Death and Hate and Maxia Lord of Magic. Lys, Sotet, Maxia are all brothers, When the gods walked the world of Tricon, they were all of the light, Lys being their fathers favorite and successor excelled in everything he did, Sotet was jealous of his brothers accomplishments and convinced a group of Humans to forsake their god and kill him, these humans are now known as the Dwarves. Maxia thought that with Lys out of the way that he would be able to shine and did nothing to stop his brothers plan. Lys was attacked by the humans and was eventually overwhelmed. Gravely hurt he retreated to the Temple of Lys but could not recover from his wounds. Seeing his Son dying Terakir encased his son in a bubble of light to spare his life creating the Sun that now shines over the world. For his transgression Terakir sealed his son Sotet inside the earth along with his new creations. And for not intervening Maxia was forced to walk the land as a immortal man. In his despair Terakir left the world and has not come back since.

Persons of Note:
King Christopher Attley of Mericos,
His Son Gerard Attley,
and his Daughter Florence Attley
King Andrew Grey of Dermann, No Children.
Galford Last of the High Priests of Lys,
Barnard le Strange Grand High Potentate of the Order of Sotet(havent decided yet if the characters know this yet)
Jwarinner
Jwarinner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Twilight of Darkness Primer Empty Re: Twilight of Darkness Primer

Post by CRNelson Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Sotet?!

Ok, now I'm not playing. Mad

---

Honestly I'm not sure what I'll play. Sort of at a loss for ideas, not a common occurrence for me.

Last edited by CRNelson on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
CRNelson
CRNelson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwarinner Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:25 pm

why is that? Whats wrong with that name?
Jwarinner
Jwarinner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CRNelson Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Oh I'm just joking. It's a fine name.
CRNelson
CRNelson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwarinner Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:31 pm

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know about the world so I can populate some ideas.
Jwarinner
Jwarinner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CRNelson Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:33 pm

Ok, will do.

Maybe some countries? City-states? Factions (political, military or otherwise)? General geographical features if any are different from Earth?

Just some ideas to throw out there.
CRNelson
CRNelson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwarinner Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:43 pm

ok, good ideas, Ill think about that.
Jwarinner
Jwarinner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CRNelson Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:50 pm

No worries. What I try to do is ask myself what I'd see and encounter if I was riding a fast horse, that wouldn't get tired, for a year through the lands that are relevant to the story. What kinds of people, lands, cities, etc. I'm not suggesting you put every detail down but what would the average person notice most? Be required to deal with? That kind of thing.
CRNelson
CRNelson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwarinner Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:52 pm

I do have a general Layout of the Continent, But Im no Cartographer.... Was hoping that kind of thing would work its way out at the table, LOL. but ya Ill try thinking of some things.
Jwarinner
Jwarinner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CRNelson Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:54 pm

Oh sure and you're right, it will work itself out to a great deal. That's often the best way to go anyway, but you know, just highlights you'd want to fill in here and there. yada yada yada heh
CRNelson
CRNelson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down